As data controller we take all necessary steps to comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and its relevant subordinate legislation when handling any personal information.
- When you supply any personal information to us we will meet our legal obligations to you in the way that we deal with that information.
- In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 we are required to collect the information fairly and to let you know how we will use it (see paragraph 2 below) and whether we will pass the information on to anyone else (see paragraph 3 below).
- We will comply with the Principles set out in the Data Protection Act 1998 and we will ensure all personal information supplied to us is held securely.
- We will ensure that any information will be held only as long as is necessary.
- We use up to date industry procedures to keep personal data as safe and secure as possible against loss, unauthorised disclosure or access (see paragraph 3 below).
- All donations submitted through this website are encrypted in 256-bit for your protection. This SSL certificate is provided by PositiveSSL CA and Comodo.
2. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT, AND WHY DO WE COLLECT IT?
- We will collect personal information from you, when you respond to requests to submit personal information about yourself such as signing up for our weekly email newsletter, making a donation or filling out a survey.
- We may also keep a record of those parts of the website you use most often to enable us to monitor and improve our service and to know which parts are of most interest to you.
- We may store the following information from online donations in order to process them or to continue monthly payment: these include but are not limited to: Names, addresses, phone numbers, emails, bank, credit card, and/or other information related to your donation.
3. TO WHOM WILL WE SUPPLY YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
- We will only supply your personally identifiable information to any other person or organization:
- Where we need to share the information to provide a product or service you have requested.
- Where we need to send the information to persons or organizations who work on our behalf to provide a product or service to you but such persons or organizations may only use this information in order to provide such product or service and not for any other purpose
- We do not sell, trade or rent your personal information to any other third parties.
Like many websites when you visit this website we issue a ‘cookie’ or unique code that allows us to identify your computer. We use the cookie to note the different areas of this website recently accessed through your computer – it is only used in relation to this website and not in relation to any other websites you may visit.
5. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES